Andrew M. Brewer
Andrew M. Brewer
Andrew Brewer has represented both public and private sector clients in redevelopment, transactional, land use and litigation matters. He currently serves as Counsel to the Pompton Lakes Redevelopment Agency, the South Amboy Planning Board, and Pompton Lakes Planning Board. He represented the Palmyra Board during the designation of approximately two hundred acres as an area in need of redevelopment, and has represented the Borough in negotiations with potential redevelopers. Mr. Brewer has also represented the Perth Amboy Redevelopment Agency in the negotiation of several redevelopment agreements, and has represented numerous municipalities in litigation upholding redevelopment designations and plans. He represents developers in connection with applications before both Planning and Zoning Boards and he represents municipalities and public sector clients in litigated matters, including bench and jury trials, in matters involving eminent domain, redevelopment, tax appeals, construction contracts and land use applications.
- “Court holds that well-drafted redevelopment plan protects redevelopment from challenge by property owners,” MFH Client Alert, May 2012
- “Challenges to Redevelopment Efforts Rejected by Courts in Atlantic and Essex Counties,” MFH Client Alert, Spring 2011
- Appraisal Institute, 2012 Annual Conference, Environmental Appraisal Issues.
- New Jersey Redevelopment Authority Redevelopment Training Institute, October 2006 and April 2007.
DIRECT DIAL: (973) 912-6813
- Local Government
- Land Use
- Redevelopment Law
- New Jersey, 1993
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 1993
- J.D., Rutgers School of Law – Newark, 1993
- B.S., Rutgers University, 1990
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association.