Diane Alexander has advised public and private sector clients regarding environmental and infrastructure-related issues and has successfully litigated matters involving a wide variety of environmental laws and regulations. Her practice focuses on the areas of environmental compliance and permitting for the public and private sectors including, discharges to groundwater, surface water allocation and water supply issues; wastewater discharge issues; compliance and permitting; industrial wastewater pretreatment permitting and compliance; disposal of contaminated media and conveyance of property subject to environmental regulations.
Ms. Alexander represents numerous public authorities and municipalities concerning water and wastewater permitting issues and she participated in the Stakeholders Group convened by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection to revise the NJPDES Regulations, Planning Rules and Surface Water Quality Standards. Ms. Alexander’s Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating is AV® Preeminent.
Ms. Alexander serves on the Board of Directors of the Association of Environmental Authorities of New Jersey.
- “Court Overturns EPA Mixing Zone and Blending Rules Calls EPA Position Orwellian Newspeak”, The Authority View, Spring/Summer 2014
- “Connection Fees,” MFH Client Alert, June 2013.
- “Stormwater Rules: Developers Face New Restrictions,” New Jersey Law Journal, July 12, 2004
- “Reporting Non-Compliance, Affirmative Defense, Licensed Operators Responsibility,” New Jersey Water Environment Association, 99th Annual Conference, Atlantic City, New Jersey, May 14, 2014.
- “Fundamentals of Municipal Environmental Law,” New Jersey State Bar Association – 2014 Annual Meeting and Convention, Atlantic City, New Jersey, May 14, 2014.
- “Wastewater Management Plans” – Law Seminars International, June 26, 2008
- “Update on Passaic and Millstone TMDLs,” Association of Environmental Authorities, January 29, 2008
- “The NJPDES Permit Appeal Process,” New Jersey Water Environment Association Technology Transfer Seminar, March 7, 2006
DIRECT DIAL: (973) 912-6811
- Environmental Compliance Permitting
- Water Quality
- Wastewater Management
- New York, 1987
- New Jersey, 1988
- United States District Court, District Court of New Jersey, 1988
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, 1987
- B.A., University of Delaware, 1983
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Water Environment Federation